Should you rent or buy fitness equipment?
A beginner who is just starting his/her workout routine or any corporate who are looking to add a gym to their facility to boost the employees are always in the dilemma whether to rent or buy fitness equipment.
Let us compare both the options on different parameters:
- When you buy fitness equipment the initial amount paid is higher as compared to rental but over a long run, the cost is cheaper.
- When you buy equipment it becomes an asset for you and you always have an option to sell the fitness equipment and recover some investment.
- It is a good option if budget is of no concern and you are looking to open a big commercial space.
- It is a good option for a smaller gym and especially for corporates.
- Less amount is paid upfront with flexible rental plans.
- For corporates, it’s a win-win situation as it is not the asset for them so they can save more tax.
- If you look over a longer period then the cost of renting will be high as compared to buying option.
- Some service provider also provides with the option to buy the fitness equipment after you rent it with rental adjustment in the selling price.
2.Service and Maintenance
- The biggest draw-back of buying is that the owner is responsible for the service and maintenance.
- The owner will have to run around the vendor to get the machine fixed and serviced.
- The life cycle of a machine will be the sole responsibility of owner as to how often the owner gets the machine serviced.
- The biggest benefit of renting the fitness equipment is that you don’t need to worry about the service and maintenance of the fitness equipment as you don’t own it.
- You just need to inform the service provider and they will themselves take care of the service part.
- If the fitness equipment is in a situation that it can’t service then they will replace with a different equipment. 3.Quality
- When buying the fitness equipment you always have the option to customize your requirement and decide on which brand you want or what specification you need in your fitness equipment.
- One drawback of buying is that you don’t have an option to upgrade the product. The only option you are left with is to resell the equipment if you want to upgrade the product.
- If you rent the fitness equipment then you always have an option to upgrade your fitness equipment.
- The quality of fitness equipment will majorly depend on the vendor you choose and which all brand equipment they provide on rent.
If you are a beginner or you are a corporate then renting of fitness equipment is the logical way to move forward. If budget is no bar for you and you are looking to open commercial gym equipment with big space then you should consider buying the fitness equipment.
You can visit www.fitnessathome.in to get the details about the rental of fitness equipment.
You can visit www.reach2fitness.com to get the details of fitness equipment if you are looking forward to out and out purchase.